- Warm your face with a warm, damp towel. Melt some butter of your choice between your palms and add the desired amount of cream. Rub your palms together to homogenize the cream with the oil, and apply to your warm face, gently pressing the skin without stretching it. The moist and warm skin will readily absorb the rich cream. It is suitable for night care or for daytime application in severe cold.
- Forgo coconut oil: it is comedogenic and not recommended in quality facial care products.
Here are a few more daily tips to keep your skin - on face and body - healthy and beautiful in winter weather:
- Don't leave body skin care for the beach season alone. YOGHBODY Relax, Awaken and Baby Calendula Body and Hand Care Oils (without essential oils) based on cocoa and olive oils, apricot kernels, sesame seeds and calendula moisturize, nourish and soften even the most sensitive skin. Prevent and erase unsightly stretch marks.
- Take shorter and not too hot showers (even if the temptation is strong) or shower every other day (yes, it's possible!);
- Avoid facial products that contain coconut oil because it is comedogenic i.e. it clogs the pores and this favours the appearance of pimples, blackheads (or comedones). Do not use it to enrich your cream.
- Drink plenty of water (1L - 1.5L/day) and herbal tea and less coffee (because it dehydrates much more than you think);
- Avoid putting too much make-up on your skin because you need to protect it from the cold in the first place. Hydrate it more and make up your eyes exclusively :)
- Avoid too aggressive industrial soaps and shower gels. Choose a mild, moisturizing YOGHSOAP body soap with fresh yogurt and high natural glycerin content (8%);
- Gently cleanse your face with YOGHSKIN Smoothing Powder-in-Mousse with Yogurt, which will cleanse your skin without drying it out.
I wish you a beautiful winter with a glowing complexion!